Date of Publication: 14-Jun-2022
Method development and validation of mefenamic acid, dicyclomine hydrochloride, and pamabrom of marketed formulation by ultraviolet
Author: Gagandeep Pabla , Anshul Kumar , Pawan Porwal , Durgadas Anghore
The method has been developed and validated using the spectrophotometric technique for the simultaneous estimation of mefenamic acid (MEF), dicyclomine hydrochloride (DCL), and pamabrom (PABr) in bulk powder and in pharmaceutical formulations with a high degree of specificity, selectivity, and assurances. The first Vierdot’s method was performed and absorption maxima of MEF, DCL, and PABr at 285, 214.6, and 279 nm, respectively. Calibration graphs were established in the range of 2–10 __ampersandsignmu;g/mL for MEF and PABr and 200–1000 __ampersandsignmu;g/mL for DCL. Dilution was prepared in 0.1 N sodium hydroxide.
Keywords: Dicyclomine, mefenamic acid, method validation, pamabrom, ultraviolet spectrophotometry
1. Patel MM, Bhuva SD, Patel HD, Mori KN. An overview of the recent developments in analytical methodologies for determination of proton pump inhibitors in bulk drugs, pharmaceuticals and biological matrices. Eurasian J Anal Chem 2014;9:25-48.
2. Mittal M, Upadhyay Y, Anghore DD, Kumar A, Rawal RR. Simultaneous estimation of acebrophylline, montelukast, and levocetirizine dihydrochloride in marketed formulation by high-performance liquid chromatography method. Pharmaspire 2018;10:23-8.
3. Colombo R, Ferreira CR, Lanza RV. Removal of mefenamic acid from aqueous solutions by oxidative process: Optimization through experimental design and HPLC/UV analysis. J Envirion Manage 2016;167:206-13.
4. Prajapati D, Raj H. Simultaneous estimation of mefenamic acid and dicyclomine hydrochloride by RPHPLC method. Int J Pharm Biosci 2012;3:611-25.
5. Abdelaleem EA, Naguib I, Hassan ES. HPTLC and RP-HPLC methods for simultaneous determination of paracetamol and pamabrom in presence of their potential impurities. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2015;114:22-7.
6. Mittal M, Upadhyay Y, Anghore DD, Rawal RR. Simultaneous estimation of acebrophylline, montelukast and levocetrizine dihydrochloride in marketed formulation by UV-spectroscopy. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;5:1274-84.
7. Kumar N, Anghore DD, Rawal RK, Pandey A. RP-HPLC and UV method development for simultaneous estimation of doxofylline, montelukast and levocetirizine dihydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosages form. Anal Chem Lett (Taylor and Francis) 2018;8:195-204